Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Christmas is almost here

I feel bad sometimes when I want to skip ThanksGiving and want to jump right into Christmas mode.But how can I resist to all the beautiful feelings Christmas make me feel? Today I want to talk about Christmas instead of ThanksGiving.

I went to the public library last night and brought home a few books on christmas decorations,carols,crafts and Recipies.The one that really got my attention was "The Best of Martha Stewart Living's" Great American Wreaths.She got inspired on the White House and the amazingly beautiful decorations that adorn it every year. She describes the way to make 52 different wreaths that represent the 52 states here in the US using each state's main trees, flowers, major agricultural products,minerals and produce. I got so inspired I decided to make my own wreath out of some ideas she gives in her book. Wow, I'm so surprised with Martha Stewart's style.

Of course she used pretty expensive materials and did a big research on each state and the materials she should use in each wreath. I decided to make one that would represent my house. Full of life.I used pretty cheap materials. Did I tell you this is my first Christmas with my hubby? I'm so excited for the holidays! I'll upload some pics of my final results and materials you are going to use! I love my readers and please subscribe!



Oh! and here is the" We Wish You a Merry Christmas" carol for you to enjoy:


We wish you a Merry Christmas;

We wish you a Merry Christmas;

We wish you a Merry Christmas;

and a Happy New Year.

Goog tidings we bring to you

and your kin;

Good tidings for Christmas

and a Happy New Year.



Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;

oh, bring us a figgy pudding;

Oh, bring us a figgy pudding and a

cup of good cheer


We won't go until we get some;

We won't go until we get some;

We won't go until we get some,

so bring some out here.



We wish you a Merry Christmas;

We wish you a Merry Christmas;

We wish you a Merry Christmas;

and a Happy New Year.

Some of the books I brought home:
wreathsmarthasteward
Algunos de los libros que traje a casa conmigo = ]


marthasteward



wreath


(spanish )



Hola a todos! Que gusto de andar por estos rumbos de nuevo. En esta ocasion quiero hablar de Navidad, aunque ya se que todavia falta el dia de Accion De Gracias pero pues la verdad Navidad me hacer emocionarme mas no tan solo por todos los adornos , preparativos o decoraciones que se me vienen en mente pero tambien por que es una festividad muy emotiva para mi, me trae muchisimos recuerdos. Ayer por la noche fui ala biblioteca publica y me traje conmigo algunos libros de decoraciones de Navidad muy practicos. Uno que en verdad me llamo la atencion fue el de Martha Stewart "Great American Wreaths" o "Grandes Coronas de Adviento Americanas".


En este libro ella ensenia la manera en la que La Casa Blanca de los Estados Unidos es decorada para esta Navidad. Ella se enfoco en los 52 Estados de Estados Unidos, haciendo 52 Coronas diferentes. La Sra. Stewart hizo investigaciones de cuales eran las principales hojas, vegetales, arboles, y minerales de cada estado para incorporarlos en cada corona la cual lo encontre fascinante! En verdad que quede soprendida con este libro, pero claro ella utiliza muchos materiales muy caros para hacer estas coronas. Decidi hacer una a la cual representara el amor y la vida en mi casa. Mas tarde subo las fotos de el resultado final de esta corona.

No comments:

diapers.com discounts
baby items
use code:
SMAR6755
diapers.combuy baby items at diapers.com
shop for all your baby needs: pampers, britax car seats, davinci cribs. check out baby registry
Not valid for existing Diapers.com, Soap.com or BeautyBar.com customers. Some restrictions apply.