Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas Wreath

So yes, I'm back my dear friends as I told you before I had my animal rescue orientation meeting early morning today and I learned so much about the center and what needs to be done.
I'm so excited for this great opportunity to give back to my community and most important to make of this a better world.

I really reccomend you to give back to your community in any way you can, from volunteering to donating, cleaning,any kind of help that makes a change in your community is a way of change for our world.
I know most of the people are so busy out there working, taking care of kids, physical disabilities or any thing that prives you of donating your time to give back but there is so many ways you can help other than financially or time wise. You just have to look for them.

Well, I'm kind of getting out of the subject so let me show you my final results on my Christmas Wreath I told you guys about.
As I told you before I was going thru this book from Martha Stewart and found a lot of cute ones but then I found one that definately grabbed my attention. I found Eddie Ross' blog which is full with tips and information on how to decorate and entertain beautifully and affordably, and fell so in love with the one wreath he made.

Here is some of the pics I took and you can always visit his website for the steps on how to make this beautiful wreath.

1.you'll need a wire hanger, sylicon gun,around 80 Christmas Spheres,I used like 70 (you'll need more if you want it to turn out as beautiful as Eddie's), big wide ribbon and lots of enthusiasm.
Photobucket
* PLEASE do not buy the balls that have the plastic top because when you are putting them thru the wire they will break apart ...this happened to me, augh!
advice:To secure the metal cap to the ball, dab a little hot glue and press. That way, the cap will remain attached as the ornaments are strung.

Photobucket
Photobucket
*You'll need a wire hanger and untwist the end of the hanger, then string one ornament at a time, making sure to alternate the placement and colors as desired. Use smaller sizes to fill in the gaps!

Photobucket
As you can see I used less balls than it was required and this is why you can se some gaps!agh!
I'll buy more during the week and try to fill in those gaps!

This is how mine came out!

Photobucket

What Do you guys think? =]
I know you can do better!!!!

No comments:

diapers.com discounts
baby items
use code:
SMAR6755
diapers.combuy baby items at diapers.com
shop for all your baby needs: pampers, britax car seats, davinci cribs. check out baby registry
Not valid for existing Diapers.com, Soap.com or BeautyBar.com customers. Some restrictions apply.